- Application for an appointment at the US Embassy in Manila and visa fee.
- Documentation to be obtained from bank in USA and air mailed to Philippines
- Trip from Palawan to US Embassy in Manila for two.
- Overnight accommodations, meals, transportation, and air fare.
- First denial and file case for reconsideration.
- Second trip to Manila for second attempt.
All told the US visa to get Noli to come back to the USA with me took about 80 hours of work, 3 air plane trips and about a total of $1,000 US in expenses.
We booked our air fare months in advance to the US and found the cheapest way to go was:
- Puerto Princesa to Cebu to get the exit visa so I could leave the Philippines. After being in the Philippines for more than 6 months you must go back to the original city you came into and apply to leave.
- Cebu to Seoul Korea. This is a rather cheap flight on Air Asia
- Seoul to Shanghai.
- Shanghai to Chicago.
- Chicago to Detroit.
Well that is what happens when you move 1/2 around the world. And my mother wonders why I don't come home more often.
|Captain Philip and Noli in Michigan|
|I may rethink my idea of bringing vessel to Michigan|
|Nothing like an outdoor pool in winter.|
Captain Philip and Noli